Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mom

I found myself in the office at 3:30am this morning. We had a project at work, for which I was the lead. And that put me in the office at 3:30am until... well.... now. We're finishing up, but it's 8:45am as I write this. Needless to say, there will be sleeping when I arrive home. But it's still Mother's Day and I planned accordingly.

A lasagna is already put together (with meat sauce I made a few nights back) and waiting in the fridge. Salad fixings wait in fridge drawers. Brother (who is also in the picture if you look closely and use your head) was put in charge of bread. And believe it or not, Mom is making the dessert. I tried to argue with her, but she insisted... and since it's her day - I suppose she gets to do what she wants.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom. The woman who dried fruit leather in our backyard as I dreamed of Fruit Roll-Ups. The woman who sang the "Lullabye of Broadway" to me if I had trouble sleeping. The woman who early in my career packed me lunches (!!), after announcing she absolutely would not. The woman who measured out and scaled back cake ingredients when my pre packaged Easy-Bake Oven packets were all used up. The woman who initiated our "Girls Weekends" by coming to visit me in college and whisking me away to a nice hotel and yummy meal. The woman who told me Laduree's pistachio macarons tasted the same as mine. I'm sure I don't need to tell you, this list could keep going if I had all day. But my day from here on out is for my mom (not this computer). And I'm leaving the building...

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

3 comments:

  1. loved your mom's fruit leather! Was actually just talking about it the other day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! Your brother is a small plush dog!

    ;)

    Interestingly we also had Lasagna, bread and salad for Moms day. Oh and fudge for desert, mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your words made me misty-eyed. aren't mommies the best? =)

    ReplyDelete